CT Technologist Training Program
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Schools of Medical Imaging is proud to offer a post-primary program in Computed Tomography for x-ray technologists who are interested in advancing their career in the field of medical imaging.
This five-month, full-time program is designed to prepare students for advanced certification in Computed Tomography. Our program is accredited by ASRT, exceeds the minimum structured education requirements for ARRT certification, and offers comprehensive training for your success as a CT technologist. Classroom courses include Patient Safety, Contrast Media, Venipuncture, Cross Sectional Anatomy, CT Principles and Instrumentation, Pathology, and CT Procedures and Protocols. Clinical experiences offer interactions with diverse patient populations including Inpatient, Outpatient, Oncology, Pediatric, Critical Care, and Trauma.
This program takes advantage of the wide range of imaging resources available at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Outpatient Center, and Johns Hopkins Imaging sites. These clinical facilities provide training on state-of-the-art equipment and clinical experiences that may not be found at other institutions. The Johns Hopkins Hospital is consistently recognized as one of the premier health care organizations in the United States and the world. This program is dedicated to training technologists who exemplify this standard and degree of excellence.
Graduates of our program have a 100% pass rate for obtaining advanced certification in Computed Tomography by ARRT.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America, or a permanent resident (hold a green card)
- Be 18 years old at the time of matriculation
- ARRT certified in Radiography
- State licensed from the Maryland Board of Physicians
- Be Continuing Education (CE) compliant
- A completed program application
- Transcripts documenting all secondary education
- A statement of intent that is a short explanation of why you are pursuing training
- Two letters of recommendation using the provided form in the applications.
- One from a prerequisite professor or instructor (Anatomy & Physiology preferred)
- One from your current employer
- A non-refundable application fee of $40.00
This program is accredited by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists and exceeds the minimum structured education requirements for ARRT certification in Computed Tomography.